Wednesday

Sugared-Up in Seattle



Bittersweetjesus ((dot) blogspot (dot) hoohah) is on location this week... Seattle, kids! I would have liked to broadcast from northern neighbor, British Columbia, but I forgot a passport. Curses. Regardless, I'm having a fabulous time in the city ranked third highest in candy consumption (trailing only behind Boise and Portland). No wonder I fit in – sweet teeth are ingrained in the DNA of these Pacific Northwesterners; it’s the way of their people. Seattle even boasts several famous homegrown chocolatiers who I paid a visit and will be posting plenty of words about.

But until then, I wanted to share a kitschy Christmas confection already on the shelves of Seattle. The Poo-lar Bear - a revolting plastic polar bear that defecates cola and butterscotch-flavored jelly beans. Simply press down on the bear’s hindquarters for the tasty treat. The bear comes with .6 ounces of candy feces and transparent packaging lined with a cartoon Antarctic backdrop. Absolutely precious.

Be sure to check back throughout the week for a slew of Seattle coverage. Until then, I'll try to figure out who is deserving of the pooping critter candy dispenser.

-Dana

No comments: